Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival Pet Policy
We love our furry family members! For the comfort of your pet and the people around you, please be sure to read our policies carefully. We have had a significant increase in dog complaints in recent years and in order to continue to allow pets to be welcome, it is essential that you are aware of and follow these policies. If these rules are not being followed, one warning will be issued. A second violation will result in removal from the park without refund.
ONLY Over-Night Pets are allowed. PETS are not allowed in the day parking area and should NEVER be left in a vehicle.
- PLEASE, make sure your dog is friendly. Dogs and crowds do not always mix. If you have any reason to believe that your pet may be aggressive or difficult to control, please do not bring them. If your animal shows ANY potential for hostility toward people or other animals, you will be asked to remove the animal from the park. Excessive barking is not considerate. If your dog (or an owner disciplining the dog) becomes loud or bothersome to festival patrons we will have to will ask both you and your pup to leave the event. No refunds will be issued.
- Please respect the areas where dogs are not allowed: We allow dogs in the campground areas ONLY- NOT near the festival site, seating area, stage area, vendor area, playground, Main Lodge, or beachfront. They can be walked around the perimeter of the outer campground, but should NEVER be in the festival or public areas.
- Dogs must be on leash at ALL times. NO EXCEPTIONS! Dogs found off leash more than once will be asked to be removed from the park.
- Clean up after your dog! This is an absolutely essential rule for the well-being of all. Poop bags are available in the Main Lodge and the gate should you need more.
- Update your dog’s ID tag, licensing, and shots: Proper and updated identification, license, and health records are essential for safety and peace of mind. Make sure your dog’s tag has your cell phone number on it so we can easily help find you should you be separated from your pet.
- Keep an eye on your pet at all times: Watch your pet carefully when lots of people are around. Some pets may not be as social in those situations as you would expect.
- Keep your dog’s “wristband” visible at all times, on collar or leash.
- Limit 2 PETS per camping unit.
- Service Dogs must be identified and registered at the Main Gate upon arrival.
Owners must take responsibility for the actions of their pets. Thomas Point Beach Management has the authority to remove any pet and their person from the property, if necessary. No refunds will issued.