Camping at the Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival
What you need to know
Free rough camping is included when you purchase a multi-day ticket for the nights of the event. “Rough” camping simply means festival style field or grove camping with no additional amenities such as power or water. This can be for RVS, pop-ups, trailers, tents, vans, teepees, or even hammocks! There are no “sites” designated the week of the festival. Folks camp side by side throughout the entire 84 acre park and camping is first come, first serve. As we are a year round campground, you will often hear people speak of site numbers as a way of giving people landmarks inside of the park, but these site numbers do not translate to our Festival, as the entirety of the park is used for camping during this event. Camping is plentiful. To date, we have never turned campers away.
Camping areas are designated as “Picker’s Paradise-24 Hour Field Picking”, “Moderate Sound Levels- quiet from 2 am- 6 am”, and “Quiet Camping- Sound curfew from 10 pm” A map is available to assist you and we have staff that can direct you. Early Bird camping is available for those arriving prior to the start of the festival for $25.00 per site. You can arrive as early as the Saturday prior to the start of the festival.
Camping with Electric (Advanced Electric is SOLD OUT for 2022- You may ask at the gate on arrival for a limited number of first, come first serve electric hook-ups that may be available)
Things to Note
- Camping packages are NOT tickets to the festival; you only need one camping package for your camping unit, in addition to your 4-Day Adult tickets.
- Early Bird camping (either “Rough” or Electric) requires a 4-Day Adult ticket at time of check-in.
- We do not accept Electric Reservations checking in after the Sunday prior to the festival.
- Water hook-ups are NOT available at any sites. There are water fill stations available.
- Thomas Point Beach has a limited supply of picnic tables and fire rings available for use on a first, come first serve basis, however these are not guaranteed and you may want to bring your own.
- Hot Water Inside Showers are available.
- A cold water outdoor rinse off shower is available on each of the other bathhouses.
- There is a laundry mat just up the road from the campground.
- An Outdoor sink is available outside of each of the three bathhouses for your convenience.
- A Dump Station is available. The cost to use the Dump Station upon arrival is $25. There is no charge for use of the dump station when you leave the park.
- Three Restroom buildings are available throughout the park with flush toilets and sinks. Additionally there are Port-A-Potties throughout the park.
- Pets are allowed with a Pet Friendly ticket at your campsite. They are not permitted in the seating area, vender areas, playground, or beachfront.
- Generators are permitted from 8 AM- 10 PM ONLY. Please be considerate of neighbors.
- We have a charging station in the Main Lodge for small electronics.